“You clothe yourselves, but no one is warm. And he who earns wages does so to put them into a bag with holes.” ~ Haggai 1 : 6
Buy reusable shopping for yourself and for a buddy
When one goes to the grocery store and gets ready to leave, a commonly asked question is; plastic or paper bag? Whatever your response may be, there is a batter way to carry your groceries. The movement of using reusable shopping bags is becoming more popular and everyone needs to part take in it. The world seems to be suffocating under endless piles of plastic bags and we need to act as soon as possible to prevent further damage to the environment and ourselves. While reusable shopping bags cost a little more up front, there are many benefits of reusable bags, particularly when it comes to easing plastic bag pollution and the effects of plastic on the environment.
Benefits if using reusable shopping bags:
- Using reusable bags over plastic bags can save money. Many stores impose an extra charge for plastic bags. By bringing your own reusable bag, you will be saving money each time you go to the grocery store, buy a new outfit, or run errands.
- Save Resources. Plastic bags are non-biodegradable, use crude oil and natural gas to manufacture, and require even more fossil fuels to ship.
- Protect wildlife. More than 100,000 marine animal deaths are caused each year when marine animals mistake plastic shopping bags in the ocean for food, according to SPREP.org. Plastic bags also get snagged in trees, and small animals can become trapped in them, leaving to even more wildlife deaths in the environment.
- By using a reusable bag, you are not only reducing the amount of non-renewable resources necessary to produce plastic bags, but you will also be reducing the amount of money your community spends on waste clean up costs each year.
- Decrease pollution. The effects of plastic on the environment can be devastating. Plastic products such as plastic bags can take between 15 to 1,000 years to break down, and that’s assuming they make it into a landfill instead of winding up in water such as streams, rivers or the ocean or floating around the neighbourhood. Of the 100 billion plastic shopping bags Americans use each year, only about 1 percent are recycled, and therefore a lot of plastic bag pollution is generated annually.
- Reusable bags are durable and reliable. Unlike plastic bags, reusable bags can carry more items at a time, it will not break and will result in less amount of shopping bags to carry. Their durability prevents them from tearing and because they are reliable, you can use them for multiple purposes and multiple times.
Make a positive environment impact by buying a reusable bags or better yet buy a bag for you and a loved one. The next time you are asked; plastic or paper bag? Ask to purchase a reusable bag, or better yet take out your own reusable bag