“Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.” ~ Psalm 51:7
Hygiene forms a big part of our everyday life, from cleaning to bathing even to gardening. Over the years different types of weed killers and cleaning materials have been developed. They have proven to be effective however they negatively impact the environment. Making your own weed killer and cleaning products will help you protect the earth and at the same time still get the best results in an eco-friendly manner. Most weed killers and cleaning material emit hazardous chemicals, which are bad for both the planet and our health.
Benefits of making your own weed killer and cleaning material:
- Products are safe
- Increase air quality
- Cost effective
- Do not harm the environment
- Eliminates water pollution
How to make your own products
- Natural Weed Killer Recipe: 400ml white vinegar; 1 cup salt; 1 tablespoon liquid dish soap. Combine ingredients in a spray bottle and treat weeds at the sunniest time of day for best results.
- Washing Up Liquid/Dish Soap: 3 tbsp liquid Castile soap; 2 cups warm water; 2 tsp glycerine; 2 tbsp. white vinegar
- Detergent: 2.5kg Natural Borax Substitute; 2kg Soda Crystals; 500g Bicarbonate of Soda; 3 bars of soap; 35 drops of essential oil
- Toilet Cleaner: ¾ cup baking soda; ¾ cup white vinegar; 10 drops of tea tree oil; 10 drops of lavender essential oils
- Multi-Purpose Cleaner: ¼ cup of white vinegar; 1 tbsp baking soda; 1 litre of hot water; ½ a lemon