Anglican Consultative Council passes Environmental Resolution at #ACC17
The Anglican Communion Environmental network presented two workshop and took part in a market stall event. The youth reps embraced Green Anglicans!
The Anglican Consultative Council:
- recognises that there is a global climate emergency
- encourages Member Churches to make the Fifth Mark of Mission, ‘To strive to safeguard the integrity of creation, and sustain and renew the life of the earth’, a living statement to our faith, and calls upon Member Churches to:
- promote a day during the Season of Creation as a day of public repentance
- develop an action plan and resources for sustainable living at individual, parish, diocesan and provincial level; including policies and procedures to minimize waste, increase use of renewable energies, and incorporate creation care into liturgical practice
- prepare a Lenten Fast for Creation
- hold strategic planning conferences on the Sustainable Development Goals and Climate Change, ensuring the involvement of indigenous, youth and women’s voices, and to report back to ACC18
- identify environmental and climate-related threats in their context and to develop or adapt existing tools on disaster preparedness and mitigation.
- encourages the organisers of the Lambeth Conference 2020 to make the conference as environmentally sustainable as possible.