Car Pool! Find a group to go to church with and some office mates that are close by or on the way
FIND A FRIEND
“And the Samaritan put him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn and took care of him.”… Luke 10:44
We have got into the habit of travelling alone, one person in a car. This makes no sense in terms of saving petrol, money and the planet..
Here are some ways to reduce your petrol costs and your carbon footprint
- Find a friend. For those regular trips can you car pool? If you don’t know anyone from your area who works in the same part of town, then try websites like Lift Shares
- Check out your public transport options. It might not work every time, but use it when it does.
- Combine your trip with another.
- what about your bike! Get in shape too
- couple of km? walk
- Phone ahead – avoid that unnecessary journey by phoning ahead to see if the article you want is in stock
- Think it through – do you need to do this trip at all
- Telecommute – will they allow you to work from home from time to time?
- Skype your meetings! Is it really necessary to travel for that meeting or can you connect on skype?
- buy on the internet.
- Use Uber rather than a sedan taxi company. This is a web based taxi company that connects you with the driver closest to you so they don’t travel great distances to come and get you. usually cheaper too!