“Please get me a little water in a jar, that I may drink.” ~ 1 Kings 17 :10
“PLASTIC CHOKES WATER RESOURCES” / “SAY NO TO BOTTLED WATER”
Every year, billions of kilograms of waste ends up in the oceans, forming city sized islands made entirely of trash. A vast majority of this trash is plastic, which will take thousands of years to decompose. Plastic bottles make up a large proportion of plastic waste, and only about one in five bottles are properly recycled.
The advantages of using refillable water bottle:
- Reduce plastic waste: single use plastic water bottles take up a vital amount of space in landfills and causes litter. Using reusable bottles will reduce plastic waste
- Prevent using non-renewable resources: Every year, 17 million barrels of oil are used to create 50 billion disposable water bottles in the United States alone! Switching to a reusable water bottle would surely decrease the oil used, greenhouse gasses emitted, and bottles thrown away, reducing pollution threefold and therefore slow down global warming
- Prevent harmful toxins leaching into your drinks: Single-use plastic water bottles can have health implications. Plastic water bottles leach harmful chemical toxins in. The toxins have been linked to reproductive issues, asthma, and even cancer
- Save Money: Using a reusable water bottle is cheaper than buying single-use plastic water bottles in the long run.
- Prevent Microplastics Ruining our Environment: The plastic water bottles slowly break down into small microplastics. These microplastics eventually make their way into the ocean suffocating and entangling animals. Both terrestrial and aquatic animals often mistake the small pieces of plastic for food. Using reusable water bottles will decrease plastic pollution and harms
Reusable water bottles are a cheaper, safer and more sustainable alternative to disposable ones.