“And the Samaritan put him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn and took care of him.” – Luke 10:44
We have got into the habit of travelling alone, one person in a car. This makes no sense in terms of saving petrol, money and the planet.
Here are some ways to reduce your petrol costs and your carbon footprint
- Find a friend. For those regular trips, can you car pool?
- Check out your public transport options. It might not work every time, but use it when it does.
- Combine your trip with another.
- What about your bike! Get in shape too
- Couple of km? – walk!
- Phone ahead – avoid that unnecessary journey by phoning ahead to see if the article you want is in stock
- Think it through – do you need to do this trip at all?
- Telecommute – will they allow you to work from home from time to time?
- Skype your meetings! Is it really necessary to travel for that meeting or can you connect on skype?
- Buy on the internet.
(with thanks to JAEI)