They planted a pine and the rain made it grow. It serves as fuel for people. They take some of it and warms themselves, also they kindle a fire and bake bread.
How can we reduce our carbon emissions with our household gadgets?
This is one of the largest uses of electricity in the home. There are several things we can do to reduce electricity use:
- A short shower instead of bathing. The less hot water you use the less energy you need (double saving as your water bill will be less).
- Install a timer so that you only heat up water just before you need it
- Turn off the geyser completely when you go away.
- Put on a blanket for insulation
- Turn down the temperature on the water heater.
- 1.Run a full load. But don’t over fill as the clothes need to move around else they wont get cleaned properly
- Use cold water – imagine how much you save by washing at 60°C (instead of 90°C)
- Use the soak facility rather than pre-wash. Soak facility gets rid of those stubborn dirts without using any electricity!
- Air dry your clothes or use a rack. Tumble dryers use a huge amount of electricity
- Iron a big batch of clothes in one time. Don’t switch on iron just to do a shirt – do a whole load in one go
- Use boiled water in your iron – this will reduce build-up of sediment and keep your iron efficient.
Get used to just being a little warmer or cooler – put on sweaters instead of turning up the heat immediately.